Cervical Screening Test Campaign Talent Callout
Are you confident on camera and want to make a difference?
Express your interest to be part of ACON’s Can We Cervical Screening Test campaign.
About the campaign:
Can We is ACON’s cancer awareness and prevention platform dedicated to changing the conversation on cancer from out of sight to top of mind.
We’re developing a new Can We campaign about the Cervical Screening Test. It aims to encourage young women and people with a cervix aged 25-35 years to have a Cervical Screening Test. The campaign will also raise awareness about new Screening options available. The campaign is planned to launch late-2022.
Who we're looking for:
We are seeking a diverse group of young women and people who have a cervix to share your Cervical Screening journey to motivate others to get Screened. All sexualities, ethnicities, abilities and personal styles are welcome!
- We’re looking for five people to star in main roles and be featured throughout the campaign creative. You’ll be filmed, photographed and do voice recordings.
All submissions will undergo a vetting process and selections made to ensure as best representation of the wider community as possible.
What to expect:
The campaign will feature community members talking about their Cervical Screening Test journeys. You’ll share perceptions and misconceptions, maybe even some fears, about Cervical Screening Tests from the perspectives of someone who has never Screened or is overdue for Screening. You’ll also share how people overcome these barriers and some facts about the Cervical Screening Test to help educate others. The campaign will shine a light on the options and choices available.
If you’re selected for the campaign you’ll be invited to a film shoot and a separate voice recording on different days. Filming will take up to three hours and voice recording about an hour.
The set will be a clinical setting and you’ll be filmed (head and shoulders only) as if you’re having a Screening. You might be lying on an examination table, sitting up or standing behind a curtain.
The voice recording will be done in a recording studio on a separate day. You’ll be asked to read a short script. The voice recording will be dubbed over the footage, so you won’t need to speak directly to camera.
The video will be shared via ACON’s online and social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram. Photos will also be taken and used to form a range of out-of-home and digital advertisements such as billboards in metropolitan and regional NSW, magazines, websites and apps.
What's in it for you:
- You will be participating in making a positive impact towards raising the health awareness of all women and people with a cervix!
- You will receive a $200 gift voucher.
- You will feature across ACON’s social media channels and appear in print advertising in metropolitan and regional NSW. There is also the possibility of the campaign having a national reach.
How to get involved:
Sound like something you want to be part of? If yes, simply share a bit more about yourself and why you want to be in the campaign by:
- Provide your details in the expression of interest form below.
- Attach a current photo of yourself
- Tell us us about:
- Your experience and perceptions about a Cervical Screening Test.
- What you’d say to motivate your peers to get Screened.
Video and Photoshoot:
Date: A weekday in late September TBC
Duration: Up to 3 hours
Location: Surry Hills (exact location TBC)
Voice over recording:
Date: A weekday in early October TBC
Duration: Up to 1 hour
Location: A Sydney sound studio (TBC)
- Camera-confidence and energy. A comfortability discussing sexual health and Cervical Screening.
- Comfortable working with a film crew, taking direction, and conveying emotions and expressions.
To express your interest to participate, please complete the form below: