How inclusive are your services? Are you able to offer a safe and inclusive environment to your LGBTI clients and staff?
Broken Hill boasts a welcoming and inclusive culture. This new half-day workshop, in the lead up to the Broken Heel Festival and presented by ACON, will assist your business or service to make sure this is extended to your lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex (LGBTI) clients, friends, patients and family members. The workshop will be the first of its kind in Broken Hill and will fill up quickly so don't delay.
By the end of this program, participants should be able to:
• Define the LGBTI experience and community, social constructs, gender binary, heterosexist behaviour and heteronormativity
• Identify and explain examples of negative health impacts specific to LGBTI people
• Explain why inclusive practise is beneficial for LGBTI people, allies and organisations
• List 3 examples of inclusive practise for an individual and an organisation
• State 3 examples of inclusive language to use when engaging your colleagues and clients
Call, text or email via 02 9206 2114, 0419 848 417 and [email protected] for more information and to register. The workshop cost is only $50 per person and includes light refreshments.
To make an online payment (preferred), purchase tickets below. If you require an invoice, please make contact with Teddy.
276 Crystal St
Broken Hill, NSW 2880
Google map and directions