ACON, NSW’s leading HIV and sexuality and gender diverse health organisation, is calling on members of trans and gender diverse communities to be part of a video series to be filmed in Sydney and Newcastle throughout February 2020.
ACON is continuing to ramp up its work in shining a light on TGD health, which includes the development of a new digital resource. To help raise awareness of issues facing TGD people, we are seeking participants to be part of a video series that will be used on the resource.
Participants will be speaking straight to camera about experiences of gender affirmation, medical care and health. We will need approximately 45 minutes of your time and will confirm your arrival time via email or text.
We are seeking to reflect the rich diversity of the trans and gender diverse community. In the Expression of Interest form below are some brief questions so we can make sure the balance of beautiful faces and voices is strong. This means that you will be contacted if we would like you to participate. If you aren't contacted it just means we have enough participants.
- Participants must be aged 18 and over.
- Filming is in Sydney at ACON in Surry Hills on Wednesday 12 February and Wednesday 19 February. Late afternoon/early evening.
- Filming is in Newcastle at ACON in Islington on Wednesday 26 February. Late afternoon/early evening.
- Participants need only attend one filming date/location.
- Filming will take about 45 minutes. If selected, you will be notified of your timeslot.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- All participants will receive a $20 gift voucher.
If you want to share your experiences and insights about TGD health and wellbeing, and help us raise further awareness of the importance of supporting TGD health and wellbeing, we’d love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for your interest, since trans people are the absolute best, we have been inundated with applications. We have enough interest for this round of video shoots but there will be further opportunities to contribute so please stay tuned to the ACON Facebook page. Please contact Teddy Cook our Manager, TGD Health Equity, if you have any questions – [email protected]